The UCLA Blum Center Annual Spring Conference on Poverty and Health in Latin America
The UCLA Blum Center Annual Spring Conference on Poverty and Health in Latin America is designed to advance knowledge on policy and programming solutions aimed at creating more equitable health in Latin America. The UCLA Blum Center hosted its Inaugural Spring Conference on May 1st, 2013 in DeNeve Auditorium on the UCLA campus. The theme of the conference was Informing Responses to Reduce Poverty and Improve Health in Latin America and the event attracted more than 150 researchers, students and medical professionals to participate in a robust program. To learn more about the events of our Inaugural Spring Conference, read the event program.
The Second Annual UCLA Blum Center Spring Conference on Poverty and Health in Latin America
Registration is now open! Click here to register.
Connecting International Partners to Strengthen Health Systems and Eliminate Health Disparities
May 6th and 7th
DeNeve Auditorium, UCLA
The theme of this year's conference is: Connecting International Partners to Strengthen Health Systems and Eliminate Health Disparities. This collaborative event will feature panel discussion, workshop sessions and dialog prepared by UCLA and Latin American faculty and other experts to address emerging and unsolved issues related to this theme. The conference will provide opportunities for multidisciplinary collaboration among researchers, students, faculty and community members who work in the areas of social determinants of health for Latin American populations.
Approximately 250 US-based and Latin American-based faculty, researchers, students, health care providers, practitioners, policymakers and others are expected to attend.
- To provide a forum for international stakeholders to exchange information and to build networks among institutions, organizations and individuals on research and programming designed to reduce poverty and improve health in Latin America.
- To discuss innovative policies and programs for health care systems reform and workforce strengthening.
- To encourage research evaluation efforts and ways to determine effective solutions for breaking the cycle of poverty and improving health.
- Multidisciplinary panel and breakout sessions on health systems and workforce strengthening to address some of the social determinants of health in Latin America
- Working sessions to build concrete solutions and next-step research and programming plans in workforce strengthening, human capital development, and health systems improvement
- Interdisciplinary poster presentations from student researchers of all levels at UCLA
- Presentation of 2014 UCLA Blum Center Summer Scholars
View the preliminary program for our Spring Conference here.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries, and check our website regularly for updates.